Sulfate Free Shampoo – Formulation
Protameen Chemicals, Manufacturer and Distributor of Specialty Materials for the Personal Care Industry.
Mild, sulfate-free shampoo. Gentle enough for color-treated and permed hair.
Contains Panthenol to add shine and texture to chemically damaged hair.
|A2||Protapon 30-A (Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate)||30.00|
|A3||Proteric CAB-LC (Cocamidopropylbetaine)||12.00|
|A4||Prortapon AC-85 (Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate)||5.00|
|A5||Protachem NA2-P (Disodium EDTA)||0.15|
|A6||dl Panthenol (Panthenol)||0.50|
|B1||Protachem EGDS (Glycol Distearate)||2.00|
|B2||Protamate 6000-DS (PEG-150 Distearate||1.50|
|C1||Silsense Q-Plus¹ (Silicone Quaternium-8)||1.00|
|C2||Protacide DMDM-H (DMDM Hydantoin)||0.35|
|D1||Citric Acid||qs to pH 6.0 – 6.5|
- Add the water to the manufacturing vessel and heat to 60 – 65C.
- Add A5 and A6 and mix to dissolve. Add A2, A3 and A4. Mix until uniform and maintain the temperature at 60 – 65C.
- Add B1 and B2 to the batch and mix until the ingredients are completely melted and uniformly dispersed.
- Continue mixing and cool the batch to 40 – 45C.
- Add C1 and C2 and mix until uniformly dispersed.
- Check the pH and adjust to pH 6.0 – 6.5 with citric acid.
- Add fragrance and mix until uniform.
- Continue mixing and cool to room temperature.
Appearance: Viscous, pearlescent liquid.
Viscosity: 23,000 cps